Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Web 2.0

I found all the articles very interesting.

My favorite article was "to more powerful ways to cooperate" I think the collective (not the Borg) is always going to be better and more exciting than one person calling the shots. I liked the idea of "Harnassing Collective Intelligence".

"This means expanding our definition of “collective intelligence” beyond the library professional to faculty, researchers, library patrons and others by building into our systems services that encourage these users contribute their expertise to the cooperative."

Very cool stuff!! This is an exciting time for librarians!!

Side Note-there is an interesting article about Web 3.0 in PC Magazine April 10, 2007 issue. It talks about the semantic web/the 3D web/the media-centric web/and the pervasive web.

"Do you know what I am doing, Miss Kenton? I am placing my mind elsewhere while you chatter away." Mr. Stevens in Remains of the Day

No comments: