Monday, April 23, 2007

Google rules the world...

So, here I am in the Google (who owns the world) Docs and spreadsheets. I thought I would write my bog post here and then move it over to Blogger. I liked in the 'quick tour' the quotes by people who use this service and like it. There was an author who said he can quickley write ideas, there was the business person who had people work on a letter, there was a sports person who kept scheduling updatd for something (now I can't remember what it was) and there was the student who writes their blog posts here and then posts them. I liked that you control who sees the pages. One person, many people or no one.

I like this idea. I like that if my computer crashes, which has happened to me before, my document is safely stored.

I see that this just automatically saved this document. Nice, in case I forget.

Since this is on the Internet and free I thought this would be clunky. It's not...so far. I wonder how we get patrons, who can't even open Word, to use this? I am starting to think maybe we need to teach a patron class called Learning 2.0! It would be a series. It would be for the patron who already has an idea how to use the computer and the Internet.

And just because you or I might not be able to think of any reason we would use this, you never know who is out there right now saying "Wow, I sure wish I had Word on my computer so I could write letters. Oh well, I guess I am just out of luck!"

"But I like the cookie" Hammy in Over the Hedge

No comments: