Friday, April 27, 2007

Choosing my own Adventure...

The list was huge. I was surprised at the amount of websites on the list and I am sure it was the tip of the ice berg.

I tried UpTo11 (upto11.net) it's a music website and it looked fun and interesting until I tried to use it and I couldn't make it work. I wasn't even sure what it's supposed to do. I thought it would link me up with other users playlists or recomendations. I put in Third Day though and it came up with Pink Floyd??? Eah??

Next HipCal. (hipcal.com) This is a personal organization website. I liked the calendar. They also have todo lists, Alerts, and address books. This would be useful for KCLS if we didn't already have so many other programs keeping track of this information.

Onto digital storage and remote sites...Yousendit.com very nice! I thought this could seriously be helpful for KCLS patrons, staff and for businesses. "Never worry about size limits on attachments again. With YouSendIt, you can mail up to 1GB in files (which are hosted on YouSendIt's servers) to as many recipients as you please. " Ever had trouble sending a huage attachment that doesn't want to go? This might be a solution!

Over to Webware...
I liked the reviews and rants, they are super funny! First, they pointed to the AOL webpage that was a "blatant rip off of Yahoo" and then I got to learn about Wipbox which apparently is a craigslist/ebay for dummies!! ...flightware in 3D, this is cool! You can track a flight in the air in 3D. I'm going to be on here forevah!....oh wait I am supposed to be looking at the right hand categories....

30 boxes is the one I liked the most. I found it under posts in productivity and business. "30 Boxes is more than an events calendar with a rudimentary understanding of scheduling grammar. It's also an aggregation service for time-based updates from your social sites and for those of your friends. For example, 30 Boxes will put your blog updates, Twitter messages, Upcoming.org calendar items, and Flickr photos on your calendar, as well as those from your friends." "Everyone who uses 30 Boxes, and everyone who is added into a 30 Boxes stream, gets their own profile page. All you need to know is a person's email address to add them in to your calendar. The system will find their updates on Twitter and other services, and add them to your calendar." Sounds cool huh!!

No comments: