Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Google Labs...

Oh what fun!

First I went to Mars...well Google Mars. They are created detailed maps of Mars made by NASA scientists! It was fun to play with.

I headed over to Google Trends. It was interesting but I don't know how I would use this in a library setting. Hopefully more people will post on this and give me some ideas!

I enjoyed Google Suggest. You start typing in the search box and a drop down menu appears that gives suggestions. The cool part is along with the suggestions it also gives you how many hits you're going to get if you choose the suggestion. I thought that was neat. The hits aren't any more relevant than a regular search on Google but I found it hinted with words I hadn't thought of to get to what I was exactly searching for. I could see this being used in a library setting. In fact I would rather search this way then in regular Google.

Soon, Web 3.0 and the semantic web!! :} Ok sort of...

"I'm blind, and I see more than any of you, because I don't look. " Stick in Elektra

No comments: