Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Roll-Y-O and Google search...

I really LOVE the idea of this especially for libraries. Every community Library making their own search engines sounds wonderful. I can imagine a sub that doesn't live here being able to look up on Google Search or Rollyo for instance what's going on at the Parks Department. Other examples come to mind also. We all have had to wade through tons and tons of irrelevant sites to find what we are looking for. So this sounds good to me.

I thought I would really like Rollyo (it just sounded so darn cute) but when I searched using it I was horrified to discover, yes...you guessed it...junk! There were ad sites along with the chosen sites. Blech! So although Google seems to be getting everything from everyone lately I headed over there and it was not only much nicer to look at but it looked familiar and so I chose to make a google search engine. I have linked to it below this post.

side note-I was pondering where they got the word Rollyo. It dawned on me being a child that not only grew up in the 60/70's but born in Eureka, California that it might mean
RollY(our)O(wn). hehehe

From Daddy Day Care -
The Flash: We need more chasing bad guys!
Marvin: Hey, that's an excellent idea!
The Flash: Like the Joker!
Marvin: No, you see, buddy, that's Batman's bad guy. You're the Flash, you need to be fighting...
The Flash: Lex Luthor?
Marvin: No, that's Superman. You need to be fighting Captain Boomerang, Gorilla Grod, the Reverse Flash...
The Flash: How about the Riddler?
Marvin: [to Charlie and Phil] What are you doing to these kids?

2 comments:

Karen DelGrosso said...

Yep... I agree about Rollyo! Seems like they've ruined what should be helpful. By the way, I was looking for YOUR link to your 'roll'? Is it there and I missed it? If you visit my blog, would you let me know why my link just can't be clicked on, but has to be pasted? I'm such a darn 'beginner' at all of this!

Pearl Diver said...

Yeah, My link is right underneath this post. It's below Entertainment Search. You just type what you are searching for in the box and hit the search button and up your results will come. :)

I used Google search.